Installation of the Church Organ: overview
Installation of a new organ at St Werburgh's Church commenced on 7th January 2004. The three-manual organ was originally commissioned in 1924 from the Leeds organ builder James Jepson Binns, for Queen's Park High Parish Church, Glasgow (later Crosshill Queen's Park Church). When the church was closed in February 2000 this historic organ was rescued and given a new home here in St Werburgh's. Organ builders George Sixsmith & Son Ltd, Hillside Organ Works, Ashton-under-Lyme, completely refurbished the instrument, converting the Binns windchest pneumatics to electro-pneumatic.