St Werburgh's Roman Catholic Parish, Chester

Obtaining a copy of a Certificate

Certificates are issued after every Baptism, First Holy Communion, Confirmation and Marriage. Please keep them carefully, as these are important documents, and you will be surprised how many times you will be asked for them in the years ahead!

If by any chance you have mislaid a certificate, we can do replacement copies for Baptisms and Confirmations. Please write to us or email us with the full details, including the current address to which you would like the certificate sent.

If you have mislaid your Wedding Certificate, you need to come in personally to witness a copy being made, as this is a legal as well as church document, and you will need to bring ID such as passport or birth certificate.

See also Family history